Easy arts and crafts for kids are pretty easy to come by, but few are as fun as these two favorites for families who love to write letters and make cards.
Dried Glue Decorative Shapes
- Elmer’s Glue
- Wax Paper
- Draw shapes onto a piece of wax paper with the Elmers Glue.
- Sprinkle some of your favorite glitter onto the glue, right away.
- Let the glue dry until has hardened.
- Carefully peel the dried glue from the wax paper.
You can use these 3 dimensional projects to make a card “pop” or hang them from a piece of string to make pretty Christmas or holiday decorations. There are a lot of ways these glittery shapes can be useful.
Food Coloring Stationary
- Food Coloring
- A Straw
- Put small drops of different colored food coloring onto a large sheet of paper.
- Use the straw to blow the food coloring in different directions across the page.
- Let the picture dry completely.
This is fun and just colorful enough to frame as a completed piece of art. Or you can add a little bit of water to the food coloring before starting to make it light enough that you can use the paper as homemade stationary.
It always nice to find new easy arts and crafts for kids, because they are fun to create and just as much fun to look at, and they give new ideas for great gifts kids can make. If you like these ideas, try them and please send me pictures by tweeting me pictures, or sending them to me on Instagram or Facebook!